2023-2024 UPDATE (As of March 23, 2023): We are excited to host visiting MS4 students at UCLA! This has always been an excellent opportunity for us to get to know the future leaders in Head and Neck Surgery, and for applicants to take an in-depth look at our cherished program. We look forward to hosting you in Los Angeles!
The UCLA Department of Head and Neck Surgery offers Sub-Internship positions to 4th year visiting medical students at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center (SU-SU490.01). Students participate in active outpatient services in Head and Neck Surgery as well as in the care of patients seen in the operating room. Didactic training is also incorporated into the sub-internship with conferences offered weekly.
Please submit applications through VSLO. You can find our Sub-Internship course via Surgery-General -> Head and Neck Surgery.
Please do not submit formal applications through VSLO without establishing contact with the coordinator. The 2023-2024 application materials will be made available on the Dean's Office of Student Affairs website.
In addition to applying through VSLO, the Department of Head and Neck Surgery requires visiting medical students to submit the following supplemental materials via email to the Head and Neck Medical Education Team (no later than March 31st). These items will be reviewed by department faculty members. Early submissions are highly encouraged.
- Brief Personal Statement (no more than 500 words)
Applicants who do not submit their supplemental materials will not be placed.
All supplemental materials should be sent via email to:
Head and Neck Medical Education Team
Subject: Sub-Internship interest - 2023
- Deadline for application is March 31st.
- Final approval is given through the UCLA Dean's Office of Student Affairs. Approval emails are sent out starting in Mid-May and applicants are notified in chronological order, usually 1-2 months prior to rotation start date. Please contact the Student Affairs Office for elective approvals at [email protected].
- Three weeks is the maximum time period scheduled for sub-internships in Head and Neck Surgery. If your school requires 4 weeks, please reach out for more information.
- A formal presentation and formal interviews are held at the conclusion of your rotation with our department faculty.
- While this sub-internship is an excellent opportunity for you to meet faculty and for faculty to meet you, it should be noted that it is not a guarantee of a residency program interview.
- Apply to the Visiting Student Scholarship Program