UCLA Obstetrics and Gynecology Grand Rounds
The UCLA Obstetrics and Gynecology Grand Rounds are presented for UCLA faculty, trainees, and medical students, as well as community physicians. The OBGYN department at UCLA seeks to promote excellence and quality in clinical care, as well as updates in new research and developments related to our field; and to provide a forum for discussion of topics that enhance medical education of the attendees, provide them with valuable information, and to incorporate learned content into their clinical practice. The program is conducted by UCLA faculty as well as selected guest speakers, invited to share their experience and insight.
The Grand Rounds are held twice monthly on Wednesday mornings from 7:00-8:00 am. Due to COVID-19, the presentations are currently held virtually via Zoom. These events are for professional audience members only.
Calendar of Grand Rounds Presentations for 2022 - 2023
Wednesdays, 7:00am – 8:00am. Remotely via Zoom *Open to Health Care Providers Only*
- Wednesday, September 7, 2022 -- Dr. Neil Silverman (Video)
- Wednesday, September 21, 2022 -- Dr. Gail Wyatt (Video)
- Wednesday, October 5, 2022 -- Dr. Elizabeth Stewart (Video)
- Wednesday, October 19, 2022 -- Dr. Kate Lawrenson (Video)
- Wednesday, November 2, 2022 -- Dr. Afshan Hameed (Video)
- Wednesday, November 16, 2022 -- Dr. Julie Cantor (Video)
- Wednesday, November 30, 2022 -- HOLIDAY – No Lecture
- Wednesday, December 14, 2022 -- Dr. Emeline Aviki (Video)
- Wednesday, January 11, 2023 -- Dr. David McIntosh (Video)
- Wednesday, January 25, 2023 -- Dr. Steven Gabbe (Video)
- Wednesday, February 8, 2023 -- Dr. Kristyn Brandi (Video)
- Wednesday, February 22, 2023 --Dr. Lubna Pal (Video)
- Wednesday, March 8, 2023 -- Dr. Lisa Skinner (Video)
- Wednesday, March 22, 2023 -- Dr. Heidi Wendell Brown (Video)
- Wednesday, April 5, 2023 -- Dr. Judette Louis (Video)
- Wednesday, April 19, 2023 -- Dr. Dana Chase (Video)
- Wednesday, May 3, 2023 -- Dr. Susan Lutgendorf (Video)
- Wednesday May 17, 2023 -- Dr. Abigail Armstrong (Video)
- Wednesday May 31, 2023 -- Dr. Michael Richley
- Wednesday June 14, 2023 -- Dr. Leah Marsh
- Wednesday June 28, 2023 -- Dr. Hannah Reiser
The Office of Continuing Medical Education, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA is accredited by the Accreditation Council of Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing Medical education for physicians. The office of Continuing Medical Education, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA designates this live activity for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Faculty organizer: Zain Al-Safi, MD
- Coordinator: Giselle Garcia, M.A.
You may contact us with questions, or if you want to be added to our email list for upcoming grand rounds lectures.
Grand Rounds Videos
May 17, 2023
Dr. Abigail Armstrong
"GAP: The Impact of Cannabis Use on Pregnancy and Future Generations: Perspectives from the Mouse Embryonic Germline"
May 3, 2023
Dr. Susan Lutgendorf
"Embracing Life: The Science of Mind Body Interactions in Ovarian Cancer"
April 19, 2023
Dr. Dana Chase
"Gynecologic Cancer Screening and Treatment in Seasoned Women"
April 5, 2023
Dr. Judette Louis
"Sleep Apnea in Pregnancy: Known and Unknown"
March 22, 2023
Dr. Heidi Wendell Brown
“Should the RCT really be the “gold standard”? Harnessing the power of implementation”
March 8, 2023
Dr. Lisa Skinner
"The Feedback Paradox: Best Practices for Collaborative Feedback"
February 22, 2023
Dr. Lubna Pal
"Reproductive Hormones & Bone Health-relevance & management considerations"
February 8, 2023
Dr. Kristyn Brandi
"Who is in Control Here? Contraceptive Coercion and Reproductive Justice"
January 25, 2023
Steven Gabbe, MD
"Gestational Diabetes Detection and Management"
January 11, 2023
David McIntosh, MD
December 14, 2022
Emeline Aviki, MD
“The Affordability Crisis in Cancer Care"
November 16, 2022
Julie Cantor, JD
“After Roe: What Physicians Need to Know Now About the Legal Landscape”
November 2, 2022
Afshan Hameed, MD
“Maternal Mortality due to Cardiovascular Disease: What are the next steps?”
October 19, 2022
Kate Lawrenson, MD
“Single cell transcriptomic analysis of endometriosis”
October 5, 2022
Elizabeth A. Stewart, MD
"Uterine Fibroids: 2022"
September 21, 2022
Gail Wyatt, PhD
"Confronting Historical Patterns of Reproductive Health Injustice in Women of Color
September 7, 2022
Neil Silverman, MD
“(Not Just Monkeypox): Pestilence, Pox, and Pregnancy”