Find your care
Women's Heart Health: Research That Matters
- Chloe Bird: Senior Sociologist, RAND Corporation
- Weighing in on Women's Health: The Unexpected Truth About Body Weight
Tamara Horwich: Co-director, UCLA Women's Cardiovascular Health Center
- Calcium and the Heart: The Collision Course Between Your Heart and Your Bones
Karol Watson: Director, UCLA Barbra Streisand Women's Heart Health Program
- First-Hand Experiences from Two Women Heart Disease Survivors
Alisa Becket, Amanda Daniels
Gender Matters: Heart Disease in Women
Marcella Calfon Press, MD, co-director, UCLA Barbra Streisand Women's Heart Health Program, offers insight into the role of gender in heart disease and discusses managing risk factors.
Love Your Heart. Everyday Tips to Keep Your Heart Healthy and Strong
Karol Watson, MD, co-director, UCLA Program in Preventive Cardiology, discusses tips to keep your heart healthy and live a healthier life, as well as hidden threats to heart health and the latest news in heart research.
Latest Treatments and Advancements for Adult Congenital Heart Disease
UCLA Cardiologist Jamil Aboulhosn, MD, discusses the prevalence and impact of congenital heart disease (heart disease from birth). He will also discuss some of the surgical and medical advances that have facilitated improvements in survival and quality of life for this population.
- Dr. Karol Watson on symptoms of heart disease every woman should know
- UCLA Physician Karol Watson shares tips on how to prevent heart attacks
- Video is about women and cardiovascular disease.
In this video, you can explore the female cardiovascular system and listen to renowned cardiologists Dr. Mehmet Oz, Dr. Karol Watson, and Dr. Peter Fail.
- Patient Story: Dr. Karol Watson on Fox 11 News
- Dr. Karol Watson discusses the impact of gender on prescription drugs.
Dr. Watson also explains the sometimes serious health impacts of non-gender based prescriptions.