Our goals for each trainee:
- Develop expertise in the complex care of all critically ill children and develop a particular interest and subspecialty within critical care, if desired.
- Develop technical skills for all procedures necessary in the field of pediatric critical care medicine.
- Develop knowledge on physiology and evidenced-based approaches to therapy.
- Develop skills in the design, understanding and performance of clinical and/or laboratory research that will result in a better comprehension of mechanisms of disease, physiology and pathology and the completion of at least one mentored research or scholarship project under the supervision of a scholarship oversight committee.
- Develop expertise at organization, analysis, preparation, and presentation of data.
- Be prepared for a successful academic or clinical career and provide the skills to incorporate successful research into a clinically demanding specialty.
- Fulfill all the requirements to obtain certification in Pediatric Critical Care Medicine by the American Board of Pediatrics; develop the self-discipline required for life-long learning, maintenance of certification and develop the expertise, administrative skills and insight required for career planning, adaptation, leadership and excellence in patient care.
- Develop the emotional and professional skills to work in a demanding environment while maintaining work-life balance.