Find a Doctor
We understand that you may be anxious about news of Coronavirus (COVID-19) and its impact on your care. Particularly, we acknowledge that some of you are facing delays in your previously scheduled gender-affirming surgeries and we understand this can be a very challenging time. Therefore, we would like to provide this resource for you.
‘FACE COVID’ - How to respond effectively to the Corona crisis by Dr. Russ Harris, author of The Happiness Trap
‘FACE COVID’ is a set of practical steps for responding effectively to the Corona crisis, using the principles of acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT). Here’s a quick summary of the key steps, and in the pages that follow we’ll explore them all in more depth:
F = Focus on what’s in your control
A = Acknowledge your thoughts & feelings
C = Come back into your body
E = Engage in what you’re doing
C = Committed action
O = Opening up
V = Values
I = Identify resources
D = Disinfect & distance
To further explore these one by one (PDF) >
UCLA offers a variety of behavioral health services for children, adolescents, and adults who are transgender or gender-diverse.
These services may include:
- Assessment/Diagnosis: Assessment, and as indicated, diagnosis of behavioral health concerns and gender dysphoria. Assistance with referrals to mental health providers, such as therapists and psychiatrists, as appropriate.
- Therapy: Therapy sessions for gender identity exploration, support through social, medical, and/or surgical transition. Assistance with addressing behavioral health concerns such as anxiety, depression, and social difficulties.
- Medication Management: Management of psychiatric medications.
- Documentation: Assistance with obtaining documentation of medical and surgical readiness.
- Case Management / Care Coordinator: At the UCLA Gender Health Program, we understand the unique challenges that gender-diverse patients face when searching for health care. Providing personalized care involves collaboration between specialty physicians, which is why we have a Care Coordinator as the first point of contact. Our dedicated Care Coordinator provides our gender-diverse patients with assistance in navigating the UCLA Health system, specifically including:
- Providing information about UCLA’s Gender Health Program.
- Taking an initial intake assessment in order to understand each person’s health care needs and goals.
- Ensuring patients are established with a primary care provider.
- Coordinating referrals for gender-affirming surgeries.
- Identifying appropriate providers and coordinating referrals for other supportive services.
- Coordinating insurance and benefits coverage.
- Advocacy within UCLA Health in all aspects of care.
- Providing linkages to UCLA and community-based resources.
Find a Doctor / Expert Team:
Dr. Jessica Bernacki
Dr. Brandon Ito
Make an Appointment
For questions or additional information, email email@example.com or call us at (310) 267-4334.