Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center
757 Westwood Plaza
Los Angeles, CA 90095
Main Phone: 310-267-7740
About Our Unit
The Cardiothoracic Intensive Care Unit staff would like to welcome you and your loved ones to our unit. The 7 ICU provides care for patients requiring surgical treatment for cardiac and pulmonary diseases, including transplantation. We know that this may be a difficult time for you, and we take pride in making your time spent here a more positive one.
Our team delivers world-class medical treatment using cutting-edge technology in a compassionate, patient-focused environment. Please use this brochure as a guide to answer some questions you may have and make your time with us less stressful. Let us know of any concerns you may have. Thank you for choosing our 7 ICU. We look forward to creating a healing experience for you and your loved ones.
Download and print our brochure
Read in Español (Spanish)
- Visiting hours are 24 hours a day, except during shift change between 7 am to 8 am and 7 pm to 8 pm
- We may ask families to step out of the room when necessary for patient care and/or procedures.
- Please use the intercom system located outside the unit on both the East and West entrances when you want to come into the unit.
- When we answer, please let us know who you are coming to see and the secretary will buzz you in.
- Please ask our staff for ice chips, refrigerator usage or kitchen needs.
- We allow cell phone use in the ICU. Please be courteous andquiet while staying in your designated room to protect patient confidentiality.
- Internet access is available for your personal computers; ask our staff for the access code.
- Live flowers and plants might cause danger to our transplant patients, so we cannot allow them in the patient's room.
- If you are bringing food/drinks, please make sure they are in sealed containers and labeled with a patient's identification sticker.
- Restrooms are located outside the unit by the East and West elevators.
- We may ask you to wear protective isolation gowns or masks when entering the room. Please ask our staff to help gather these materials.
- To minimize confusion, we ask that each patient designate a single representative to serve as his or her spokesperson. That individual will be authorized to receive information about the patient's condition.
- At the end of your stay, please take time to fill out a C-I-CARE card about your stay. We welcome your questions anytime. Please let us know how to better serve you.
Quick Reference Guide
West ICU Main Line
East ICU Main Line
Assistant Charge Nurse