About Our Unit
Our mission in the Medical Telemetry Unit is to utilize and engage all available resources to provide the best possible care to our patients and families.
Our 7 East 26-bed unit and 5EMS 13-bed unit provide complex medical care to our patients with multiple medical conditions, including renal and liver disease, respiratory and cardiac disease, and diabetes.
We are committed to providing a caring and healing environment by establishing a partnership between patients, families and caregivers. This brochure will inform you about the services and key personnel in our unit.
Our goal is to always meet your needs. So if we are not, please let us know.
Download and print our brochure
During Your Stay
We provide patient- and family-focused care. We tailor our approach to meet the specific needs of each patient and family, including any cultural needs. Our team encourages you and your family to participate in your care.
Your care may include continuous cardiac monitoring, frequent assessments, diagnostic testing and blood work that may be done throughout the day and night in order to ensure your well-being. We will make every effort to coordinate timely service.
Our experienced and dedicated nurse management team is available to assist you and your family if you have questions and concerns during and after your hospital stay.
- Change of shift occurs from 7 am to 7:30 am and 7 pm to 7:30 pm. During this time, the nurses will complete bedside report and would appreciate your participation.
- Patient and family members are encouraged to participate during morning physician rounds at the bedside.
- Please designate ONE person to act as a spokesperson for the family and to set up meetings with the nurses and physicians to share your concerns and questions.
- Leave a phone number where the staff can contact you when you are not here.
- Please wash your hands before and after visiting and observe all isolation signs.
- The Visitor’s Lounge is a shared lounge for all family members of the 7th floor.
- If your family member is placed on isolation precautions, please follow our strict isolation guidelines.
- Please limit consumption of food and drinks to designated public eating areas.
- If your family member is unable to communicate, please share with the staff what you believe to be his or her needs and wishes. We also offer multilingual interpreting services to patients and families who are not fluent in English.
Quick Reference Guide
Beki Heffler, RN
Assistant Unit Directors
John Brasel, RN
Michelle Zadunayski, RN
Clinical Nurse Specialist
Tina Mamais, RN
7 E Blue Team
Rooms 7111 to 7135
7 E Gold Team
Rooms 7137 to 7161
Rooms 5137 -5161