Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center
757 Westwood Plaza, 6th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90095
Main Phone: 310-267-7630
About Our Unit
6 West is a medical-surgical unit that provides specialized care to adult patients who require post-operative care following vascular, reconstructive plastic or orthopaedic surgery. Our 20-bed unit is also the only inpatient facility at the hospital where patients can receive state-of-the-art seizure monitoring. We use cutting-edge medical science, nursing and technology in a compassionate environment to provide patients with high-quality acute care around the clock.
Download and print our brochure
About Your Care
Our multidisciplinary team of physicians, nurses, dieticians, social workers, case managers, discharge planners, and physical and occupational therapists work together to provide you with excellent, patient-and-family-centered care in a healing environment.
Your care may include frequent assessments, diagnostic testing, blood work or seizure monitoring throughout the day and night to ensure your well being and successful recovery. We make every effort to provide you with timely care and to make your stay as comfortable as possible.
Our highly trained nursing staff is equipped to provide skilled care to patients with complex needs for a variety of postoperative medical conditions. We tailor our approach to meet any cultural concerns and encourage patients and family members to participate in their own plan of care.
Important Facts to Know
- Visiting hours are available 24 hours a day, but we request that only one family member stay at the bedside overnight.
- Children under the age of 18 are welcome to visit with a supervising parent or adult, but they may not be left unattended.
- Staff members exchange important information regarding patient care during shift changes, from 7:00 am to 8:00 am and 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm, but are still available to attend to patients' needs during this time.
- Wireless Internet access is available for your personal computer. Please ask our staff for the access code.
- When you are approved to eat solid food, you may order meals by calling extension 79218. If you need assistance, please ask your nurse. Food from home must comply with physicians' dietary orders.
- We offer multilingual interpreting services to patients and families who are not fluent in English.
- On the day of discharge, our goal is to have you ready by 11:00 am If you need help with arrangements for discharge, please notify your nurse.
- Please let us know if you have any issues or concerns about your or your loved one's care.
Quick Reference Guide
Sheila Richardson, RN, MSN
Assistant Unit Director
Levoria Rogers, RN
Clinical Nurse Specialist
Norma McNair, RN, MSN, CNRN