Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center
757 Westwood Plaza, 8th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90095
Main Phone: 310-267-7680
About Our Unit
Thank you for choosing UCLA for your healthcare needs and welcome to 8 North. We know that this may be a difficult time for you, and we look forward to creating a healing experience for you and your loved ones.
8 North is a medical-surgical unit that provides care to adolescent, adult and geriatric patients. We specialize in the care of patients with liver or hepatobiliary diseases and/or those who are awaiting or have undergone a liver resection or a liver, small bowel, pancreas, or kidney transplant. We use a team approach to assess our patients and to coordinate appropriate interventions and treatment plans.
By valuing the contributions of all staff, we are committed to providing safe and compassionate care. Through empowering our patients and their families, we promote open communication, advocacy and respect.
We encourage you to actively participate in your treatment plan. If you have any issues or concerns about your care, do not hesitate to share them with your nurse, the charge nurse or the unit director. We value your feedback and look forward to hearing about your experience while staying with us.
The 8 North nursing staff realizes that the illness or injury of a family member is an emotional and stressful time, and we believe that visitation is very important to support healing. With this in mind, our policies are designed to promote visitation while at the same time respecting your need for rest and healing. To achieve these goals, we ask that your visitors keep in mind the following guidelines:
- Visitation is allowed 24 hours a day. Please alert visitors that bedside shift handover between nurses occurs twice daily, between 7 am to 8 am and 7 pm to 8 pm; this handover period allows you and your family to share important information and concerns about your care, and you may choose to have visitors wait until after these times to visit.
- Wireless internet is available throughout the hospital under the network "Medguest Wifi".
- For everyone's safety, it is critically important that visitors practice good hand hygiene. At times, your visitors may be asked to wash their hands with soap and water instead of using the alcohol-based gel.
- We may ask your visitors to wear protective isolation gowns or masks when entering the room. Please ask our staff for these garments.
- Artificial flowers, cards, non-latex balloons and photos are always welcome. Live plants and cut flowers may cause danger to you as a transplant patient and are not allowed after you have received a transplant. You may also bring in small battery-operated entertainment systems. We will try our very best to take care of these items, but we will not be able to take responsibility if they get broken or misplaced.
- Visitor restrooms are located near the elevators.
- The hospital cafeteria is located on the 1st floor, and your nurse can provide additional information about dining in the Westwood area.
Privacy and Security
Information about your condition is given only to immediate family members and is limited due to privacy reasons. We ask that family members designate a representative/spokesperson to receive updates. This also allows us to know who to contact when needed.
Quick Reference Guide
Jeannette Collier, RN, BSN
David Eskenazi, RN, BSN, CCTN
Spiritual Care Department