Find your care
Our team offers a wide range of outpatient care options. To learn more about our psychiatry services, call 800-825-9989 or 310-825-9989.
The Child and Adolescent Division of Psychiatry comprises clinical services to patients ages 1-17 years.
- Inpatient services for those who need psychiatric hospitalization
- Intensive outpatient programs in the form of partial hospitalization programs (PHPs) and intensive outpatient treatment programs (IOPs) and partial hospital services for those who do not need hospitalization but need a higher level of care than outpatient treatment. These programs take a whole-child approach that engages parents and other caregivers in learning to manage illness effectively.
- Emergency services for those individuals brought to the UCLA emergency department and need urgent psychiatric evaluation
- Consultation services-for those who are medically hospitalized at either Reagan or Santa Monica hospitals and who are need of urgent psychiatric evaluations and emergent treatment
- Outpatient services: These services are available through a variety of general clinics as well as many specialty clinics focused on specific conditions such as pediatric depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, ADHD, learning disability, neurodevelopmental disorders, and others. Our services prioritize treatments with strong scientific support, including cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), behavioral parent training, and family-focused therapy (FFT). In addition, we offer in-depth developmental and psychiatric assessment services for youth. Separate from these services, a number of individual faculty within the CAP Division also see patients individually.