Employee Injury and Illness Care (Worker's Compensation)
Employees injured at work should immediately report the injury to their supervisor and visit Occupational Health during regular working hours for evaluation and treatment.
If injury or illness occurs when Occupational Health is closed, or if urgent immediate medical attention is required, treatment can be obtained at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center Emergency Department or UCLA Santa Monica Medical Center Emergency Department for evaluation and treatment. Employees are required to follow up with Occupational Health within the following 3 business days of the emergency visit.
Appointments are highly recommended - call the clinic to schedule your appointment. Arrive at least 30 minutes early to complete the necessary paperwork prior from your appointment.
Bring the following to your initial visit:
- Your UCLA Identification Badge or Bruincard
- Completed Incident Reporting and Referral for Medical Treatment Forms
- Completed Student Worker Employment Verification (for UCLA students who are also UCLA employees only)
Upon arrival, employees will be asked to complete the following documents for their injury:
- EMPLOYEE'S CLAIM FORM FOR WORKERS' COMPENSATION BENEFITS (excluding First Aid incidents)
- EMPLOYEE'S REFERRAL SLIP FOR INDUSTRIAL INJURY AND REPORT OF ACCIDENT
After-Hours Emergency Care
If injury or illness occurs when Occupational Health (OH) is closed, or if urgent immediate medical attention is required, treatment can be obtained at: