The Institute for Precision Health (IPH) has collaborated with Chorus Innovations to develop the virtual Genetic Counseling Assistant (vGCA). This digital tool will guide users through their clinical genetic testing and genetic counseling journey.
The vGCA offers the following features:
- Sample collection guidance: Assists participants in the sample collection process.
- Educational resources: Provides access to educational materials.
- Information Sheet: Shares an information sheet about participant’s genetic condition.
- Appointment reminder: Sends appointment reminders via text messages (SMS).
- Direct messaging: Allows users to message a real UCLA Genetic Counseling Assistant directly via text messages.
Participants are highly encouraged to use the vGCA to receive important reminders, updates, and to access relevant documents. The vGCA is only available to participants in the ATLAS Genetic Screening Program.
Eligible participants will be invited by email to create an account. To access the vGCA, participants can log in using their preferred email and password.