The goal of the Safety Program is to ensure a safe, comfortable and injury-free work environment for all employees by providing them with the knowledge and awareness necessary to remain safe throughout the course of daily work activities.
The Office of Environmental Health & Safety is dedicated to promote employee safety by providing the following Injury Prevention and Ergonomic services:
- Create and deliver customized departmental and hospital-wide injury prevention training,
- Conduct ergonomic assessments and education to reduce risk of repetitive stress injuries
- Perform hazard assessments to determine risk levels of job tasks
- Assist departments in recommending safe and effective equipment and workspace design
- Provide departments with statistical injury data and develop recommendations to reduce losses.
- Investigate accidents and near misses and develop recommendations to prevent recurrence
- Develop safe policies & procedures in compliance with regulatory agencies and management best practices